Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Windows Server infrastructure. Maintains and manages servers, hardware, and software. Performs imaging of servers utilizing common imaging tools. Performs patching, hardening, and automated deployments. Performs basic troubleshooting and escalates complex issues to Senior Admins. Works primarily in a virtualized environment.
The contractor will provide a dedicated Systems Engineer who has the responsibility for the complete lifecycle management, support, and application integration for the cybersecurity systems. This includes supporting the project managers in determining schedules and coordination for additional supporting resources. The contractor should expect to be involved with the daily operations of the integrated components to include all aspects of the operating systems, interconnects, and underlying hardware and virtual components. The contractor shall provide staff that has experience designing, deploying, operating, maintaining, and retiring systems to include operating system, data storage, network interconnection, physical hardware, and virtualization solutions. The System Engineer shall perform the following duties:
- Provide a combination of hypervisor (VMware and/or HyperV), Windows and Linux server administration support including installation, configuration and securing of the operating system to meet DOT baseline standards including “DOT Gold” images or applies system configurations where applicable
- Maintain operating systems, including patching and necessary configuration changes, local account management, and facilitating AD account management for cybersecurity users/personnel, engaging, supporting, and ensuring that all systems within purview are appropriately backed up; and other server administration duties as may be expected or common within the ITSS service delivery description:
- Provision, manage, administer, patch, and maintain servers
- Conduct physical and virtual Server Builds, Installation and Configuration Set-up
- Base Server Administration Activities (Production and Development Environments):
- Console Monitoring, BIOS
- OS (if Win/Linux/Unix)
- Patch Management
- Performance monitoring and reporting
- SDLC baseline activities.
- 24x7 Server Monitoring & Reporting on overall system performance and availability
- Administration of User Accounts, Media Services, and Domain Access (SSH, SFTP, etc.)
- Full Service Patch Management: Server, OS, and Security, Application, etc.
- Server and Application Monitoring & Reporting
- DNS/DHCP/IP Management Services
- Provision and support cloud services as procured by DOT (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- PKI management for associated systems including the acquisition, provisioning/installation, and maintenance of necessary digital certificates in accordance with Federal and DOT standards and policies
- HTTPS certificate management for applications using DOT approved certificate authorities
- Single sign on implementation and operational support
Support deployment of CyberArk, Sailpoint, ForeScout CounterAct, etc.
- Engage with design team and provide recommendation to S-83 federal team leadership on approaches for system designs and improvements
- Execute deployments, updates, and other changes at the direction of the S-83 federal team leadership
- Provide vendor coordination for issues and problem resolution including support for application deployed in the S-83 systems
- Complete System diagrams and related documentation in support of DOT requirements
- Must have a high school diploma and minimum of 6 years of experience administrating servers and systems, cloud infrastructure, file and print environments, specializing in Windows operating systems.
- Must possess a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.