SAIC is seeking a Software Engineer to support an new and exciting Air Force program out of O'Fallon AFB.
As a principal agile software engineer, you’ll join a 7-person agile/scrum team (software developers, product owner, and scrummaster) to build, customize and integrate new software apps supporting the US Air Force and its air cargo-air refueling-aeromedical evacuation enterprise. Our software facilitates the delivery of lifesaving cargo during humanitarian crises, saving the lives of critically ill Americans, and moving US forces to defend against global threats. You’ll work in a maturing DevSecOps environment, with both cloud and on-prem infrastructure, including the latest technologies in CI/CD pipelines, automated testing, cybersecurity, frequent deployments, and more. The job will also include updating existing systems and integrating improvements to work on the user interfaces already in operation. You’ll gain valuable technical and domain experience, and enjoy the work and the team culture, where your teammates typically stay and grow professionally for many years. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers with the technological skills who want to be a part of something bigger than themselves; if this is you, we’d love to talk!
- Work with team members to design/sustain innovative software that improves and simplifies planning and executing Air Force global air transportation and aerial refueling missions
- Design architectures to high-level functional and technical requirements, including the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements, and provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces
- Meet with managers and representatives of Department of Defense teammates to discuss architecture/ software, and brainstorm methods of solving existing problems
- Ensure systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and DoD architectures
- Perform/lead intensive full-stack DevSecOps development and testing of all new and existing programs to ensure they are free of errors and function as intended
- Keep up to date on the newest technological innovations in the field and be ready to apply relevant innovations to our software systems
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- 5 years of experience in design and full-stack development of data driven, highly scalable web applications with rich user interface in distributed cloud computing environment
- Active Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for full stack software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, monitoring and operations
- Demonstrated experience in delivering software projects using agile/scrum methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
- Strong troubleshooting skills; able to resolve issues and support configuration issues for developers independently
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy; communication/interpersonal skills with both functional and technical counterparts
- Experience with configuration management, Automated testing and Test/Behavior Driven Development (B/TDD) Methods; Functional, Load and Performance Testing; Unit, Regression and Integration Testing; RIA web-based application development; Web services development and SOA design
- Experience with automated testing (Junit, Cypress)
- Experience with web technologies and techniques (HTML5, CSS, AJAX)
- Applicable industry technical/leadership certifications: AWS/cloud practitioner certifications, Certified Scrummaster (CSM), Security +, or others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging integrated-companies environment, with periodic “work from home” days when appropriate
- Experience with both front-end interfaces and back end systems
- Object-Oriented design and familiarity with application and database programming
- Familiarity with functional programming methodology
- Experience with NoSQL Database technologies (Mongo, CouchDB, JaguarDB, Cassandra)
- Knowledge of DoD/Defense Transportation System or USAF Air Mobility Command operations and enterprise technologies like GDSS, CAMPS, MEIS, GATES, etc.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.