SAIC is hiring a WebLogic Application Administrator to join our team in Huntsville, AL !
Note: This role offers temporary work from home / remote / virtual work due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site 100% in Huntsville, AL.
- The WebLogic Application Administrator is responsible for conducting or participating in multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems software.
- Determines computer user needs; advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers.
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Will be working on WebLogic Server Administration and Windows IIS Administration.
- Will create and/or modify scripts using one or more of the following: BASH, Python/Jython, or PowerShell.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS with 12 years of experience; OR Associates and 10 years of experience
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain an interim Secret security clearance to begin working on the contract. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Must possess an active Security + CE prior to start.
- Must have strong WebLogic Server Administration background and Windows IIS Administration.
- Candidate must also be able to script using one or more of the following: BASH, Python/Jython, or PowerShell.
- Oracle PL/SQL or SQL Server
- InfoSphere installation, maintenance, configuration, troubleshooting
- Blue Prism installation, maintenance, configuration, troubleshooting
- AWS experience in a cloud environment
- SSL Implementation and Administration
- WebSphere (DataStage) Transformation Extender (WTX)
- Java Object Oriented Programming
- Linux Administration (RHEL 7 preferred but not required)
- Familiarity with Citrix applications
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.