SAIC is hiring a Field Technician III to join our team in Fort Polk, LA.
- Interfaces with customers to handle service inquiries and problems to include performing direct customer support activities involving the installation, modification, and repair of desktop computing equipment and systems
- Conducts on-site installation and testing of equipment to ensure proper working order
- Inputs activities into tracking system to reflect actions taken to resolve issues
- Isolates equipment start-up malfunctions and takes corrective action
- May make technical presentations and has a strong knowledge of products
- Trains customer personnel in equipment operation and maintenance responsibilities
- Responding to service calls and dispatch requests to troubleshoot resolve reported problems
- Use remote control tool to assist end users when needed
- Build and configure PCs and laptops for deployment to users
- Loading and configuring end user device software, to include Unified Communications services
- Create and/or update tickets with details of worked performed to restore service or satisfy customer request in ticket tracking system
- Act as Tier II agent when additional subject matter expertise is required, performing analysis and actions at the direction of higher Tiered support agents, as required
- Work with the customer, users, and other supporting engineers to effectively analyze user requirements, user stories, and operations concepts and apply IT solutions to identified issues
- Act as a technical resource to others to resolve problems, errors, or other related issues
- Perform basic inside cable testing from desktop to switch
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively identifies solutions
- Providing direct assistance with configuring mobile devices for end users
- Provide feedback and insight to enable development of user training guides and videos
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma and 5+ years of related experience; OR Associate degree and 3+ years of related experience
- 2+ years of desktop support experience
- Must be a US Citizen and have a Secret Security clearance.
- DoD 8570 IAT (A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE or higher level) certification required prior to start date.
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft-based PCs and iOS tablet devices
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and professionally represent the program
- Highly motivated individual willing to learn and apply new concepts, tools, and software
- Good verbal and written communication skills, especially with other organizations
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Valid Driver's License
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.