Job ID: 2119479
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 9, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an Aerospace Systems Engineer to join our team. SAIC provides specialized engineering, analysis and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support the development of generation after next national security-related systems based in space, in the air and on the ground.
SAIC has an opening for an engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services to an IC research and development (R&D) customer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical review and assessment of space-capable technologies and theoretical concepts
- Advise on issues related to feasibility and applicability of new technologies for future satellite architectures, spacecraft concepts, and capabilities
- Analyze alternatives to optimize performance and improve understanding of systems architecture and components
- Prepare deliverables that include collection data, gap analyses, utilization analyses, statistical and forecasting analyses
- Provide technical support to acquisition, source selection and programmatic processes, including developing acquisition support documents, conducting technical evaluation, and verification
- Develop presentations, written reports, related documents, and briefings to government and industry as required that communicate project status, results, and recommendations
- Must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelors’ degree with minimum of 14 years of relevant experience; 12 years with Masters
- Mathematical- and theoretical-based analytical ability to investigate innovative electromagnetic spectrum phenomenologies for basic research and development
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of applications and tools
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Communication skills to support written deliverables, group discussion and oral presentations
- Technical understanding of systems engineering and integration of satellite systems and subsystems
- Experience performing parametric and statistical analysis of specialized data sets
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.