SAIC is seeking an Email Systems Support Technician to support a large federal government agency. Employee will perform on-site, at a secure government location on one of three shifts, including weekend/holiday rotations.
Description of Duties:
- Monitor ticketing system to receive technical work assignments.
- Fulfill user requests for technical issues relating to email account management following Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform user account and mailbox moves on Exchange 2010 & 2013 email systems.
- Add/delete/modify Distribution Lists.
- Correct user Outlook 2010 issues: setup, junk mail, and mailbox size increase. Add/modify Outlook 2010 shared calendar.
- Assist customers with PST mapping modify/restore.
- Complete shift logs and turnover.
- Reply to all customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Document issues and escalate to next tier support as necessary.
- Monitor systems consoles and remediate alerts.
- Perform server builds and decommissions.
Required Education & Experience
- AA Degree in related discipline and one year related experience; Or, High School and two (2) years of related experience with relevant certification.
- Ability to work independently to process technical service requests using an enterprise ticketing system such as ServiceNow, Remedy, etc..
- Proficient in following standard operating procedures and comply with data entry standards.
- Experience troubleshooting challenging technical issues and identifying scope of issue to determine if escalation to next-tier support is necessary.
- Basic literacy in Microsoft PowerShell, Exchange, Windows Server, and Active Directory.
- Understanding of basic concepts relating to Microsoft Office 365 hybrid environments as well as TCP/IP based networking concepts.
- Must hold an active Secret clearance or be able to obtain an Interim Top Secret clearance to start work. Active Top Secret is preferred.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
Desired Experience & Certifications
- Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Server OS, Active Directory
- CompTIA Network+, CompTIA A+
- ITIL Foundations
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.