SAIC is hiring for an OSINT Mission IT professional to perform and provide network and system administration support including trusted agent (TA) operations, end-user support, asset and device management, communications security and controlled cryptographic item management and maintenance, mobile device management and support to include BES and CSfC devices. The OSINT Mission IT professional will be supporting the team in Fort Gordon, GA.
Typical Job Duties:
- Responsible for supporting users in the areas of electronic mail, account creation and maintenance, management of the organization’s Active Directory and Group Policy structure, standard desktop applications, and above-baseline applications.
- Provisions and maintains mobile devices (NIPR, SIPR, JWICS and Gray), maintains and troubleshoots government network and computer systems and system peripherals / AV equipment.
- Monitors the operation of assigned applications, servers, and storage devices to optimize performance while taking actions as appropriate to prevent or limit hardware or software failure.
- Confers with software systems engineering or applications programming personnel in the event that errors require a change of instructions or sequences of operations.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date records and the submitting required accounting reports.
- May serve as an alternate COMSEC custodian assisting the government appointed primary COMSEC custodian and providing continuity of operations in the Government COMSEC custodian’s absence.
Additional Duties Include:
- Plan, schedule, and execute small and large scale equipment upgrades.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and optimize network performance and/or related network problems.
- Troubleshoot hardware malfunctions on servers, server and PC blade chassis, SANs, desktop computers, laptops, analogue KVM switching systems, rack mount consoles and peripherals.
- Install Operating System firmware, software, patches, and upgrades, etc.
- Maintaining core datacenter infrastructure; following cabling and organization standards.
- Provide Systems Administrator (SA) support to systems hosting complex operational databases, software configuration control, and system interfaces for computer systems.
- Maintain file servers, network access; documents, analyzes and troubleshoots systems anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Install/remove/relocate servers, server and PC blade chassis, switches, storage area network (SAN) equipment, desktop computers, analogue KVM switching equipment, rack mount consoles and peripherals.
- Schedules, de-conflicts, and coordinates VTC room usage.
- Support AV/VTC requirements for Command events and ceremonies.
- Provide basic troubleshooting and problem resolution in support of Mobile Device Hardware from multiple vendors such as Apple, Blackberry, and Samsung Mobile Device.
- Software Operating Systems from multiple vendors such as iOS, Android, and Blackberry.
- Troubleshoot wireless carrier network services such as voice, data, Short Message Service (SMS), Multimedia Messaging Services (MMS), data tethering, mobile hot spot, management of carrier mobile telephone numbers between devices, etc.
- Configure and enterprise enroll/activate client designated mobile devices with current client approved upgrades to device firmware, operating system patches and versions of based on troubleshooting resolution and device reassignments.
- Assist with the enterprise mobile device refresh period by providing Tier 2 MDM support and enterprise deployment of client refresh enterprise mobile devices.
- Supporting the issuance and renewal of Smart Card tokens including processing replacement devices (seed stock) between vendor and end users as required.
- Reporting on number of tokens issued, revoked, renewed, as well as validating certificate requirements and forwarding revocation requests.
- Installation, maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting of COMSEC equipment.
- Planning and execution of Out-of-Band-Key Transfer (OOBKT) and Over-The-Air Transfer (OTAT) for remote rekey of enterprise encryptors on multiple networks.
- Responsibility for supporting the receipt, custody, issue, safeguarding, accounting for, and, when necessary, the destruction of COMSEC material.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate of Science degree or Certificate in Information Technology, IT Security, Network Systems Technology, or a related field and seven (7) years or more of related experience. Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years or more of related experience; Master’s and three (3) years or more of related experience.
- Eight (8) years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer systems, system administration, and network engineering, and Cyber Security operations.
- Knowledge and the ability to terminate, test and troubleshoot secure/non-secure voice, video, data and radio frequency cable infrastructure is required.
- Expertise in scheduling VTC sessions in VTC bridges, hands-on experience with debugging the interoperation of VTC end points, as well as experience setting up and troubleshooting AV equipment (displays, microphones, sound boards etc.).
- Must have experience and solid technical skills safeguarding, accounting for, issuing, and managing the destruction of COMSEC material.
- Must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge and support experience for Cryptographic Modernization and Key Management Infrastructure (KMI).
Required Security Clearance:
- Must have an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II / CCNA / MCSA: Windows Server / MCA Microsoft 365 Certified Modern Desktop Administrator.
- Understanding of virtualization software and building virtual machines.
- Understanding of cloud architecture to include AWS and Azure.
- Managed Attribution Networks & Solutions.
- Cyber Security certification.
- COMSEC Custodian Course.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.