SAIC is seeking a Deputy Team Lead Software Systems Engineer to join the SAIC Engineering Team supporting the Pioneer Program in Huntsville, Alabama.
Pioneer will be a US AIR Force Air Combat Command (ACC), Special Operations Command (SOCOM), Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC), and Air Force Education and Training Command (AAETC) tactical situation (TACSIT) display program.
Pioneer will provide Commanders, pilots, and sensor operators a real-time, enterprise-wide capability which fuses together disparate battlefield information into a Common Operating Picture (COP) to support improved decisive decision-making for operators (pilots, sensor operators, mission intelligence coordinators) and other mission participants.
- As a Deputy Team Lead support and enable the Team Lead and be prepared to lead a distributed, multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, information technologists and data analysts using an Agile methodology
- Proven ability to interface directly with program management and the government customer to elicit requirements, to manage priorities/scope and to communicate/mitigate technical risks
- Design software solutions to meet customer-training requirements
- Manage software development roadmap and remove roadblocks to ensure technical staff stays on schedule
- Define software deployment processes and ensure their use by SAIC and subcontractor staff
- Mentor team members on technical tasks (software design and implementation) and professional development
- Work hand-in-hand with our customer to support delivery software development requirements, rapid prototypes and innovative user experiences that have an immediate positive impact for the customer
- Able to assume Tech Lead responsibilities while Tech Lead is absent
Bachelor’s degree with nine (9) years of experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
Must have Secret Clearance prior to start of employment with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance; must be a US Citizen.
Required Technical Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in systems integration and test
- 1+ years’ experience working in Agile software development and proven experience as Agile scrum leader and mentor
- At least 3-5 year experience leading software teams of five or more, including developers and testers
- Proficient in Atlassian suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket)
- Jira and Confluence master
- React experience a plus.
- (DI2E experience a plus)
- Remotely Piloted Aircraft experience a plus.
Required Soft Skills:
- Excellent communication skills and experience interacting with a government customer is required
- Logical and Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and spoken communications (samples requested)
- Utilizes excellent management skills to prevent details from falling through the cracks
- Knowledge with DoD Cyber Security auditing, continuous monitoring and analysis
- Courteously assertive, even under pressure
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently
- Collaborates well with and enjoys working with a team of juniors, peers and superiors
- Must be able to adapt and learn quickly in a highly technical fast paced environment
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.