SAIC is hiring a Computer Operator to join our team in Illesheim, Germany !
DTFM Computer Operator Job Description:
Looking for a candidate already living in or near Illesheim, Germany.
- The Computer Operator I works under close personal supervision of SAIC Lead Digital Training Facility Manager (DTFM) and is provided detailed written or oral guidance before and during assignments.
- As a Computer Operator, you will serve as the Lead manager at times. As instructed, you will resolves common operating problems and may serve as an assistant operator working under remote supervision or performing a portion of a more senior operator’s work.
- It is preferable that the successful candidate have general knowledge of software applications, operating IT equipment experience, workstation set-up, and have familiarity with networked systems.
- It is also preferred that the successful candidate have customer service experience including resolving issues related to desktop IT resources.
- Work may not occur consecutively during the day, and the work hours may vary from day-to-day.
- In addition, work may be required on weekends or nights.
- The successful candidate shall complete a NACI personnel security investigation resulting in a favorable review.
- This position is subject to the Department of Labor wage rate minimum requirements for the area in which the work will take place.
- This position reports to the DTFM Program Manager
DTFM is responsible for:
- Maintaining and operating the Digital Training Facility.
- Ensure the facility is available for all scheduled and non-scheduled training.
- Validate that Distributed Learning System (DLS) equipment is installed and functioning properly to support needed training.
- Ensure that workstations are available for scheduled learners and that workstations are loaded with appropriate courseware.
- Perform troubleshooting and resolving common operating problems.
- Report system, software or equipment failures to EMC helpdesk. Assist and respond to EMC technicians to resolve issues with systems, software or equipment.
- Market DLS training and system capabilities to on-post organizations to facilitate increased utilization.
- Updating and /or creating, and submitting mutiple daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Working with various software applications and various online platforms.
This position is ON CALL only - Approximately 0-24 hours per week as needed support.
- AA Degree in related discipline; Or, High School and two (2) years of related work experience or experience in a customer service environment.
- Must have SOFA status already, logistical support not available through this contract.
- Must be a US Citizen able to pass a NACI background investigation
- It is preferable that candidate have general knowledge of software applications, operating IT equipment experience, workstation set-up, and have a familiarity with networked systems.
- It is also preferred that candidate have customer service experience including resolving issues related to desktop IT resources.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.