Job ID: 2119223
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 4, 2022
Subcategory: Cyberspace Ops
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work:
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has an immediate opening for a Cyber Software Developer
The Cyber Software Developer will work with our various customers as well as develop new capabilities for SAIC. The qualified candidate would be a part of a team performing software development of Cyber Tools for offensive, defensive and exploitation purposes. Applicants will have some basic and working knowledge of IT systems and strong software development skills, preferably in a wide variety of operating systems. The Cyber Tools Developer position will entail working with the senior Cyber HBO staff and well as customers and colleagues to develop software to satisfy emergent tasking, ongoing research and development of cyber tools and capability development.
Establish an automated and secure code development environment to function in an agile software development environment. Using the environment you helped to establish, systematically create, share and apply knowledge to better achieve cyber tool development and capability objectives. The cyber Tools developer position will function primarily in the virtual environment, however, capabilities must also be developed in classified environments requiring similar a complementary development and deployment environments.
The following are anticipated daily responsibilities for this work to be performed.
· Assist with the development of software engineering capabilities (solutions, enhancements, and
improvements) to SAIC's Cyber Tool Development environment.
· Work with other groups in SAIC to develop cutting edge cyber tools, capabilities and services for existing and future customers.
· Establish backlog of cyber tools and work with stake holders to prioritize cyber development activities.
· Establish and maintain Microsoft developer tools or Linux development environments
· Provide recommendations for hardware and software as required.
This position is 100% REMOTE and can be worked anywhere within the US.
US Citizenship is Required
Typical Education and Experience:
A BS degree and Five (5) years related experience;
· Minimum of 2 years applied work experience with developing software.
· Experience utilizing Splunk and creating custom elements within this platform.
· Knowledge and experience in Cyber tool development and/or Cyber operations
· Demonstrated leadership ability
· Strong skills in UI/UX
· BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or related field.
· Demonstrated work experience of six (6) years and success in cyber software development may be substituted in lieu of degree.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.