SAIC has a potential opportunity for a Program Manager to support the U.S. Army Military Ground Vehicle Systems. The work will be located in Warren, MI.
This position is contingent upon contract award with an anticipated start date November 2022.
The Program Manager will manage a multi-vendor SAIC Team and manage cost, schedule, and technical performance to achieve performance metrics defined in the contract. Ability to manage a geographically dispersed team conducting operations in parallel. Effective in communications with senior management of the program office, technical directors, and senior executives of SAIC and subcontract partners. Ability to interface with SAIC Project Control staff to provide the customer with accurate cost and schedule performance information.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing comprehensive projects/programs in hardware/software/system product life cycle development.
- Leads conceptual design, detailed design, prototyping, fabrication, and testing of technologies and products.
- Leads the program team with ultimate responsibility for meeting cost, schedule, quality, and technical/contractual performance across a portfolio of programs.
- Leads development and refinement of the program Work Breakdown Structure to a level sufficient to identify all the work required for successful project completion.
- Primary point of contact for Customer and voice of the organization to Customer on existing and follow-on programs.
- Collaborates across internal organization with multi-disciplined engineering teams to develop and execute projects/programs.
- Continuously assesses strength of team and makes changes as required.
- Prepares and presents presentations to internal management and to internal and/or external customers to provide reviews and updates on technical aspects, cost, and schedule.
- This includes periodic program reviews (monthly & quarterly).
- Interacts with senior leadership to make decisions, manage risk, and influence investment activities that affect the long-term viability of the business.
- Develops and manages a business plan that includes short/mid/long-term goals tied to revenue, products, projects, features, and markets.
- Assists the Business Development Team in development and execution of the sales and marketing plans.
- Generates documentation (white papers, proposals) required to secure new business.
- Impacts contract negotiation activities and has a strong working knowledge of contractual issues relative to the project being managed relevant to scope of the work and scheduling and subcontracts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering from an accredited college or university. A master's degree in any of the preceding disciplines may be substituted for one year of general experience
- Minimum total of 15 years' experience in analysis, design, development, integration, and testing of U.S. military ground vehicle electrical/electronic systems
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in managing task order / work directive type contracts for engineering services with DoD programs.
- Direct program management experience managing multiple hardware/software/system/product design, development, fabrication, production, and sustainment for varying complexity.
- Proficiency in planning and tracking projects using Program Management software.
- Master's Degree in an engineering program.
- Experience with the United States Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (DEVCOM) Ground Vehicle Systems Center (GVSC).
- Experience with autonomous robotic systems.
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Familiarity with Configuration Control and Configuration Management.
- Experience with Risk Management tools and processes.
- Experience with sensors, avionics, unmanned platforms, and infrastructure.
- Experience with EVMS practices.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Can start work with Interim Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% as required.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.