SAIC is seeking a Network Architect who will design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
- This individual will provides technical architectural design, managerial, and administrative direction for problem definition, analysis, requirements development and implementation for complex to extremely complex systems with in the network infrastructure.
- Will lead resolution efforts and maintains high network availability. Evaluates and makes changes as appropriate to proposed network designs to ensure ease of installation, support and recoverability.
- Evaluate, review and if appropriate, implement recommendations for improvements to existing network procedures and documentation for efficient and cost effective delivery of highly available network service.
- Provides technical advice on major projects to ensure continued delivery of high performance data networks.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience or more; Masters and 10 years of experience or more; or 16 years of related experience.
- Must have a minimum of 12 years of related experience as a subject matter expert in architecting complex networks, utilizing Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), MPLS, VPN technologies.
- Must be an expert in routing and switching and have extensive experience designing and deploying Cisco enterprise networks.
- Must possess a CCIE certification or possess multiple advanced networking certifications or relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.