SAIC, a leading provider of publications editing for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Bring on Tomorrow!
SAIC is looking for a Publications Officer/Editor to join the Intelligence Community. The individual will provide support our Sponsor with the review and edit of current and finished intelligence products to ensure they align with Sponsor style guide standards, are consistent in grammar and tone, use appropriate formatting for readability, and are delivered on time for publishing.
- Provide copyediting services
- Provide appropriate feedback to sponsor on technical and grammatical content
- Laying out and formatting final products and ensuring products are disseminated in a time manner
- Stay abreast of any changes in Sponsor writing standards and production practices
- Review and edit current and finished intelligence products to ensure they align with Sponsor style guide standards, are consistent in grammar and tone, use appropriate formatting for readability, and are delivered on time for publishing
- Review and edit graphics (including interactive media), assist graphic designers in the development of visual aids to enhance comprehension of visuals, ensure proper format, readability, consistency within the primary and supporting documents
- Verify proper sourcing of both documents and graphics
- Format reports in both MS Word and publication layout software
- Provide dissemination support, which invoices finalizing publications and submitting them to the Sponsor’s Electronic Dissemination Team and serving as the chief liaison with internal printing services to ensure proper presentation of finished products and proofs
- Provide archiving support, which involves maintenance of production records ion Office and Directorate production databases and systems
- Active TS/SCI W POLY
- 13+ years with BS/BA or 12+ years with MS/MA
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience editing finished intelligence, professional writing, editing, and sourcing skills
- Experienced with editing, reviewing, sourcing, and disseminating, intelligence products
- Proficient in the advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite of software products
- Experience operating in TS/SCI, Secret, and Unclassified Environments
- Experienced collaborating with authors and project managers on published products
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills and patience
- Good time management skills; ability to support multiple projects; ability to multi task and manage
- Must be a team player and possess a strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team as well as work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to quickly ramp up to support customer’s needs, clearly communicate (orally and written) ideas, take initiative to provide creative solutions to challenges and/or systemic problems
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.