SAIC is seeking a Metrics and Data Analyst
- The Metrics and Data Analyst position will assist in data collection, research and analysis, designing analytics dashboards and KPI reports.
- Development and support of enterprise reporting and analysis systems and software.
- Assist with the integration of business intelligence software into databases and data warehouses.
- Work in conjunction with data governance to monitor consistency and reliability of source data, as well as assess the quality of the data coming from multiple sources.
- Possess an interest and willingness to learn new toolsets, templates, and workflows as business needs evolve.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Gathering, cleaning, and integrating data into a data repository.
- Collecting data across Navy reporting enterprise systems to assist in analysis and extraction of actionable insights in support of Fleet sustainment activities
- Creating reports and briefs based on findings.
- Engaging with business or management teams to understand both user requirements and strategic goals.
- Developing business intelligence reports and dashboards shared online or locally.
- Fulfilling reporting requests for both recurring and ad-hoc instances.
- Working with team members within the organization to identify opportunities for improvement in reporting; propose new features or enhancements for existing reports, or design new reporting capabilities.
- Extracting feature sets and business logic from existing toolsets.
- Strong analytical skills in order to extract meaning from complex data relationships and articulate to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning, and transforming techniques
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, Tableau, and Statistical Analysis
- Excellent people and written/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects
- Comfortable with engaging with site customers under minimal supervision.
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to work within areas that have no set guidance or processes.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Required bachelors in mathematics, statistics, economics, and finance or computer science.
- four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in business analysis or related field.
- Knowledge in AGILE and SCRUM methodologies.
- Experience in programming with VB Script/Excel VBA, Python, SQL
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies and methods.
- Degree in a STEM based field of study a plus!
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.