SAIC’s has an opening for a Finance Sr. Manager that will report to the Business Unit Finance Director. This position will drive timely financial analysis, forecasting and identification of actions for business performance in line with long-term plan targets and within financial risk limits for a Business Unit with ~$1.3B in annual revenue.
***This position is available 100% remote, candidates local to Northern Virginia/DMV, San Diego, or Huntsville area preferred**
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Act as a strategic partner to the Finance Director, Business Unit General Manager and Operations Managers to ensure alignment of financial and business strategy, focusing on initiatives that drive growth for the Operations and the Business Unit.
- Provides oversight / management of Finance staff, escalating issues as needed to Finance Director and providing recommendations related to assignments.
- Drive value through continuous improvement in the forecasting process and accuracy of the forecasts.
- Support strategic initiative (e.g., liaise with the Business Unit General Managers and Finance team to aid in the shaping of the portfolio, support M&A and divestiture decisions) and support M&A integration
- Identify and drive margin improvement in support of sustained profitable growth
- Mentor and develop Finance Team; ensure best in class performance
- Measure core initiatives across business development, capture, and program management teams, and model ROI in each area
- Maximize cash conversion for the Operation
- Ability to work with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Ability to identify and take ownership for executing solutions to complex problems
- Ability to balance short-term and long-term strategic objectives (e.g., balancing the Business Unit forecasts to mitigate Sector risk)
- Ability to develop strong talent
- Strong knowledge of how value is created in the Sector, and how that value ties to the overall enterprise
- Strong understanding of financial planning, analyses, and reporting
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or similar field and at least 10 years of relevant experience working in the federal and/or commercial technology market
- Advanced degree preferred: MBA, or relevant Master’s Degree
- Experience working with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management tools
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.