SAIC seeks a Space R&D Systems Engineer to join our team of professionals providing technical and program services to the U.S. Government (USG). SAIC provides research, engineering, design, analysis, acquisition, development, integration, test, and operations support USG Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support development and delivery of next generation and generation after next national security systems based on land, at sea, in air, and in space.
The engineer sought here serves a USG Program Office leading Research & Development (R&D) of evolutionary, revolutionary, and transformational space systems and technology. This position provides Systems Engineering & Technical Advisory (SETA) support services. Your responsibilities include some or all of the following depending on your personal desires and capabilities:
- Technical review and assessment of concepts, systems, technologies, designs, architectures, interfaces, and operation of space and ground systems.
- Feasibility and applicability of relevant systems and technologies to future spacecraft, payloads, communication systems, ground systems, launch systems, and operations concepts.
- Analysis of alternatives to optimize technical, cost, and schedule performance and improve knowledge and understanding of system, technology, and architecture tradeoffs.
- Technical and programmatic support through the entire project life cycle including concept development, system definition, acquisition planning, source selection, system design, development, integration and test, system delivery, and mission operations.
- Mission operations support includes planning, execution, monitor and control, and anomaly support plus evaluation, conclusions, recommendations, and capture of lessons learned.
- Briefings and reports including technical and programmatic assessments presenting analysis, results, conclusions, and recommendations. Brief USG staff and industry partners, as requested.
- Active member of enterprise R&D, learning, and innovation environment creating, gathering, and sharing knowledge to grow organizational competency and capability.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
- Must have bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or math discipline with minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience or three (3) years with master’s degree
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities in space systems
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint)
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills for written reports, group discussion, and oral presentations
- Knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or experience in one or more of the following:
- Systems engineering and integration applied to spacecraft, ground, and launch systems
- R&D of space and/or ground systems
- System acquisition, design, development, integration, test, and/or flight operations
- Spacecraft subsystems (power, thermal, attitude control, guidance, navigation, data processing, space-to-ground and/or space-to-space communications, payloads)
- Overhead space systems collection in one or more domains (signals, imagery)
- Small Satellite (SmallSat) systems (single vehicles, clusters, and/or constellations)
- Flight safety and/or Mission Assurance of space systems
- Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning technologies applied to space systems
- System modeling & simulation and/or system performance analysis
- IC mission, organizations, disciplines, systems, and/or processes
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.