SAIC has an opportunity for a Network Technician in Beltsville, MD!
- Responsible for installing, monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring service to communications networks in a large telecommunications facility environment (includes data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers, data terminal equipment, commercial leases and transmission media).
- Responsible for performing proactive monitoring of network elements alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure.
- Responsible for providing Tier II Operational Support to the classified network systems and components in support of the Department of State classified networks. Acts as the escalation point to Tier III Engineering staff.
- Responsible for performing capability checks and operational handoff for all Change Requests in support of the GTS Change Management Program/Process.
- Minimal supervision should be required for potential candidates.
- Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of importance to the function of the department or which may be a sensitive nature.
- Responsible for serving as Essential Personnel in the GTS 24x7x365 Network Service Center, so shift work is required. Available shifts are not yet determined.
Required Education & Experience
AA Degree in related discipline and six (6) years related experience; OR, High School and eight (8) years related experience.
Desired Experience, Skills, & Certifications
- Experience in one or more of the following: Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst routing and switching, data center cabling maintenance
- Experience supporting the configuration and maintenance of various network hardware and software, primarily Cisco catalyst and Cisco Nexus switching and routing technologies
- Knowledge of cabling standards, fiber optic and copper cable termination.
- Experience with network monitoring applications such as NeuralStar or other similar monitoring tools
- ITIL ® Foundation certification
- Must hold a Top Secret Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.