SAIC is seeking an Applications Service Delivery Manager to join our team in Anaheim, CA. The Applications Service Delivery Manager reports directly to the Program Executive and will direct the City of Anaheim’s Application and Database support requirements by providing a dedicated team of Application Developers and Database Administrators to provide skilled services across City of Anaheim locations. The Applications Service Delivery Manager (SDM) oversees and directs the day-to-day applications/database operations and maintenance activities, ensuring that systems, services, and applications work reliably and securely. The Applications SDM lead teams that provide application maintenance, enhancements, and support services; in addition to website maintenance and system upgrades. The Applications SDM will provide guidance and leadership to the operations and maintenance teams and developers, and directly support end users and customers by handling escalations, and monitoring the performance of business-critical applications to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues. The successful candidate will have full accountability for the operation and maintenance of the customer’s Applications, Website, and Database environment.
- Monitor Applications and Database: Monitor the status of the customer’s applications and databases for irregularities and performance issues. The Applications SDM assesses data and error logs, along with user reports, to determine areas for improvement or repair. In this aspect of the role, the Applications SDM may also determine when applications or databases need to be upgraded to newer version.
- Direct Developers and Database Administrators: Direct the activities of staff, both to directly support customers and to assist with Application department upgrades and directives. The Applications SDM assesses current technical needs and help desk inquiries and assigns personnel to resolve each issue. Manage and oversee business hours, after hours and weekend technical activities as needed. Provide mentorship and guidance to Applications and Database technical Team Leads and IT developers/administrators.
- Develop Policies and Procedures: Develop operations and maintenance policies and procedures to ensure that the team operates effectively and reliably. Assist Program Executive in developing service level agreements (SLAs), reports and presentations. Oversee and assist in development of guides for users and technicians, such as Knowledgebase Articles (KBAs), Work Instructions and Design documents.
- Resolve Service Escalations and Major Incident Management: Provide direct customer support by handling service desk and Applications team escalations. If IT developers/administrators are unable to successfully resolve a user’s issue, the Applications SDM will assess the situation and devise a solution to the problem, which could include escalation to software vendors. Provide effective management of Major Incident investigation, escalation and resolution, providing oversight and guidance of troubleshooting activities, customer communications and efficient service restoration.
- Management and Configuration Services for COTS, SaaS, Custom developed, and Cloud-based Applications; to include:
- Requirements Definition
- Environment Acquisition and Installation
- Application Development, Configuration and Testing
- Implementation and Deployment
- Logical Database Administration
- Project Management
- Application Maintenance and Support, to include:
- Corrective Maintenance
- Preventative Maintenance
- Adaptive Maintenance
- Perfective Maintenance
- Release Packaging
- Incident Management
- Service Request Management
- Collaboration Application Support
- Portfolio Rationalization, to include:
- Application Portfolio Management
- Application Portfolio Assessment and Roadmap
- Oversee Upgrades and Installations: Provide operational support of IT maintenance and administrative activities during applications upgrades, enhancements and installations. Introduce new methods to streamline the upgrade process, monitor the systems to ensure that it remains stable and usable, and maintain data security through the migration process.
- Bachelors of Science (B.S.) or Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience.
- US Citizenship is required
- 12+ years of experience in IT service delivery, including enterprise applications and databases and systems
- 10+ years of experience in leading a team of 20 or more, effectively manage IT personnel and operations & maintenance priorities.
- Experience in process enhancement, developing and implementing policies and procedures for the Operations team based on ITIL and PMP principals.
- Must have experience managing operation team performance using Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Must possess strong written and verbal communicators, able to communicate with team members, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization.
- Experience working in commercial and local governments business settings.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is highly desired.
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation Certification.
- Direct "hands on" technical experience with enterprise applications, website, and database
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze, identify and direct resolution of technical, administrative and process issues.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.