SAIC has an immediate need for a Senior Computer User Support Specialist to support the Army Corps of Engineers for the Revolutionary Information Technology Services (RITS) program located in Huntsville, Alabama.
The RITS program provides a modern and secure enterprise-wide IT support services to approximately 37,000 USACE customers located throughout the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS).
Under general direction, provides professional communication between the US Army Corps of Engineers’ Enterprise Data Centers and all Corps of Engineers customers. Monitors network services and devices, including routers, switches, and intrusion prevention systems. Monitors servers (physical and virtual), databases, storage systems, and websites, taking action on alarms per standard operating procedures. Performs 1st level network troubleshooting for WAN/LAN connections and network devices. Assists with the diagnosis of all Enterprise-level hardware, server, and application trouble. Provides an entry point for the transfer of customer technical issues from the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) to the Enterprise Data Centers. Determines which issues reported by the ESD are due to Enterprise-level issues, and assists as needed with trouble ticket assignment to local technicians. Monitors facilities at the Central Processing Center (CPC) in multiple buildings for audible alarms and any unusual conditions including monitoring Data Center temperature and humidity levels, and reporting of issues per standard operating procedures.
- Monitoring the US Army Corps of Engineers’ network infrastructure, servers, databases, applications, and websites, opening trouble tickets for alarms from these systems and assigning them to the appropriate Data Center team for investigation and resolution.
- Monitoring for outages on the data circuits used by the Corps, and working with the data circuit providers to ensure timely resolution.
- Performing basic remote troubleshooting and interacting with customers to investigate issues affecting network routers, switches, gateways, firewalls, cabling, and telco CSU/DSUs.
- Providing Tier 2 support to customers by processing incoming trouble tickets from the Enterprise Service Desk, and by processing emails from customers delivered to a shared team email inbox. This includes calling the customer to gather information about reported issues, contacting the customer to answer questions, and by escalating to specialized Data Center teams as needed.
- Communicating regular updates to customers discussing the status of site-specific service interruptions and outages.
- Fully documenting reported issues in the Service Now trouble ticket system, including customer contact information, symptom descriptions, troubleshooting steps taken, dates and times of each development in the case, plans for additional steps to be taken, and issue resolution. Includes sending emailed updates for each new development to the impacted customers.
- Publicizing the occurrence of large scale outages to customers across the Corps, including providing regular status updates, and publishing root-cause statements, via email and online.
- Creating and posting online daily SITREP reports for management showing all on-going unplanned outages and upcoming scheduled maintenance.
- Representing CIO/G-6, the Army Corps of Engineers’ IT organization, in a professional manner, meeting/exceeding customer expectations for responsiveness, competence, friendliness and integrity.
- Handling multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously, and shifting priorities in accordance with changing customer requirements.
- Ensuring that documents are prepared in accordance with contract and company standards, including completeness, legibility, professionalism, and using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Security+ CE certification, Network +, and/or Cisco
- Demonstrated experience providing professional-level customer service, or professional experience supporting personal computers and/or PC hardware or software. Experience working successfully in a technical support call center preferred.
- A general understanding of LAN/WAN networking concepts and hardware.
- knowledge of server operating systems (Microsoft, UNIX/Linux) and/or Cisco network devices
- Microsoft Office products or comparable applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability and willingness to communicate clearly with customers, technical personnel, and leadership in occasionally stressful situations.
- Ability to work independently as part of a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work shift work, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to type with accuracy at a minimum of 35WPM
Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.