SAIC has a potential opportunity for a Software Test Engineer to support the U.S. Army Military Ground Vehicle Systems. The work will be located in Warren, MI.
This position is contingent upon contract award with an anticipated start date November 2022.
The Software Test Engineer role will involve close interaction with the Ground Vehicle Systems Center, Solution/Systems Architect, Development Team, business team members and other members of the development team and will demand a high level of understanding of requirements, Automation and Testing to Develop & Execute Test cases.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Crafting and building test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases.
- Creating test cases including application data setup and vehicle configuration following specific requirements will be a critical to your and our success.
- In addition, you can also look forward to the following: Develop Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure the test cases trace to software requirements.
- Execute and analyze manual/automated tests across software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Make sure that execution status and results are tracked utilizing the appropriate tools.
- Document, track, and log defects.
- Call out blocking defects and issues to Test Lead and Scrum Master, and Product Owner.
- Work closely with developers on testing issues/defects.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Verify and close out defects, relevant CRs prior to release.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering from an accredited college or university. A Master's degree in any of the preceding disciplines may be substituted for one year of general experience.
- A minimum total of 5 years' experience in development software test artifacts and conducting software tests for DoD systems including:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in development of U.S. military ground vehicle systems; and A minimum of 3 years' experience in software test development.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are needed to handle multiple task/projects and to work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are also required to work well with all levels of staff and managers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Can start work with Interim Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.