SAIC has a potential opportunity for a Project Manager to support the U.S. Army Military Ground Vehicle Systems. The work will be located in Warren, MI.
This position is contingent upon contract award with an anticipated start date November 2022.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring contract requirements and subcontractor responsibilities are being accomplished including working on the definition and implementation of project planning techniques to provide visibility on the contract.
- Responsibilities may include developing budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements for an assigned portion of a program, participating in and establishing and defining program plan requirements, and monitoring and reporting performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Support the operational aspects of ongoing projects and liaison between the task order project management office, project teams, and line management.
- Manage a team or teams of employees in support of broad task order initiatives, to include processes at the program management office level.
- Review and report on the status of projects and budgets; manage schedules, and prepare status reports.
- Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress, identifying solutions to risks and issues, and solving problems with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- Support contract requirements and subcontractor responsibilities are being accomplished.
- Support in the developing of budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements for an assigned portion of a program, participating in and establishing and defining program plan requirements, and monitoring and reporting performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
- Serve as a consultant and external spokesperson for the program management office on significant matters relating to policies, programs, capabilities, and long-range goals and objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering from an accredited college or university. A Master's degree in any of the preceding disciplines may be substituted for one year of general experience.
- A minimum total of 10 years' experience in analysis, design, development, integration, and test of U.S. military ground vehicle electrical/electronic system.
- A Minimum of 5 years' experience in planning and managing engineering projects.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are needed to handle multiple task/projects and to work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are also required to work well with all levels of staff and managers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Can start work with Interim Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.