SAIC has a potential opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to support the U.S. Army Military Ground Vehicle Systems. The work will be located in Warren, MI.
This position is contingent upon contract award with an anticipated start date November 2022.
The Senior System Engineer will provide HW and SW engineering technical support to the Ground Vehicle Systems Center and provide expert technical advice and apply technical expertise in Ground Vehicle (manned and unmanned) lifecycle management, integration of advanced engineering technologies, technology planning and management.
- Provides expert technical advice to SAIC engineers and Army customers and manages major projects for the design, development, integration, testing, sustainment and enhancement for a variety of prototype and legacy Army ground vehicle systems.
- Works directly with customers in broad areas of strategic planning as well as program management and execution.
- Works in a team environment with our Army customer and SAIC engineers on a combined project team of government and contract employees located in many different locations.
- Applies Subject Matter Expertise in the ground vehicle domain for architecture, standards and requirements development, technology planning and management (strategy, roadmaps, operations, and implementation) for a variety of combat vehicle platforms and subsystems.
- Coordinates with CCDC Research & Technology Integration Groups, PEO and external Army organizations as part of the architecture and technology advancement to support legacy and new vehicle programs for the integration and evaluation of new technologies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited college or university. A Master's degree in any of the preceding disciplines may be substituted for one year of general experience.
- Minimum total of 15 years' experience in analysis, development, evaluation, integration, or test of DoD systems including: a minimum of 10 years' experience in analysis, development, evaluation, integration, and test of U.S. military ground systems.
- Must have experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience using Cameo Enterprise Architect, Rational Rhapsody, Sparx Enterprise Architect, or other comparable tools.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are needed to handle multiple task/projects and to work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are also required to work well with all levels of staff and managers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Can start work with Interim Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.