SAIC has a potential opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to support the U.S. Army Military Ground Vehicle Systems. The work will be located in Warren, MI.
This position is contingent upon contract award with an anticipated start date November 2022.
This candidate will be a member of an integrated industry-government team working to design, develop, demonstrate, and sustain software systems that push the current state of technology and are critical to our national defense. Specifically the Senior Software Engineer will lead a technical team in the design, development, documentation, testing and debugging application software for U.S. military ground vehicles.
The successful candidate:
- Conducts, analyzes and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of software.
- Performs hands-on software system development from lab to field application.
- Determines computing system requirements; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- End product is special use and customized software.
- As team leader, ensures software standards are met.
- Serve as a Technical Lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members
- Ability to develop software requirements to translate stakeholder needs into software requirements.
- Technical capability in the area of software engineering; knowledge in software architecture modeling and software development.
- Provides support with Post Production Software Support (PPSS) planning.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Physics, or Math from an accredited college or university. A Master's degree in any of the preceding disciplines may be substituted for one year of general experience.
- Minimum total of 14 years' experience in the analysis, development and support of computer software for DOD computer automated systems including
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in the development and analysis of real-time software for DoD computer systems using Ada, C, C++, or Java programming languages
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in object oriented analysis and design.
- Candidate must also have embedded real-time with operating system experience (e.g., VxWorks, RTLinux, etc.).
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are needed to handle multiple task/projects and to work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are also required to work well with all levels of staff and managers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Can start work with Interim Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.