SAIC has a potential opportunity for a Field Service Representative to support the U.S. Army Military Ground Vehicle Systems. The work will be located in Warren, MI.
This position is contingent upon contract award with an anticipated start date November 2022.
The Field Service Representative will travel to test sites to perform vehicle maintenance and vehicle maintenance/operations management activities on experimental military and commercial design general and special purpose vehicles and equipment. Primary duties / activities include inspection, diagnostics, repair, and rebuild of components and assemblies. Additionally, they will support in the repair, Preventative Maintenance Check and Services (PMCS), assisting the Government engineers and technicians in the development of military vehicles. They will repair and drive wheeled and tracked military vehicles. Example
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Complete vehicle disassembly, reassembly, and verification of functionality and proper operation.
- Determine serviceability of vehicle systems, assemblies or sub-assemblies, and the need for repair.
- Analyzes malfunctions by visual and auditory examination or through the use of test equipment such as scanners.
- Repairs, adjusts, overhauls, or replaces major assemblies or sub-assemblies such as engine mechanical, electrical, air-conditioning, fuel, emission, power train, brake, steering and suspension systems.
- Repair components by replacing worn or damaged parts with new or reconditioned parts.
- Perform preventive and special maintenance.
- Uses technical publications to understand and maintain vehicles to prescribed manufactures' specifications and maintenance schedules.
- Perform special inspections and maintenance on vehicles requiring updates. - Develop and follow instructions to integrate unique components into existing ground vehicles.
- Properly document all activities as required by task and for reporting purposes.
- Adhere to all established safety policies and standards maintaining a safe work environment for all. Provide support driving and performing PMCS's for wheel and tracked military vehicles.
- Ability to utilize extensive experience in the major areas of heavy duty vehicle systems and repair consisting of diesel and gasoline engines, automatic transmissions, drive systems, steering, suspension, brakes and electronics and heating and ventilation air conditioning systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An Associates degree in computer, electrical or mechanical fields or military training in radio and communications equipment operation, maintenance and repair such as MOS 25C, MOS 25U, MOS 31U, MOS 35E, MOS 94E.
- A minimum total of 8 years' experience in the installation, test, and troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical and computer systems including:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in installation, test and troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical, computer, radio and communication systems for U.S. military ground systems.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in installation, test, troubleshooting and repair of cabling and wire harnesses for U.S. military ground systems.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are needed to handle multiple task/projects and to work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are also required to work well with all levels of staff and managers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel up to 75%.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds
- Works well in a team
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Can start work with Interim Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.