SAIC has a potential opportunity for a System Architect to support the U.S. Army Military Ground Vehicle Systems. The work will be located in Warren, MI.
This position is contingent upon contract award with an anticipated start date November 2022.
- Apply engineering skills in multi-disciplinary research projects for ground combat vehicles, where knowledge and experience in embedded systems development and integration, computer vision, machine learning, autonomous navigation, and other related subjects will be leveraged to support optionally manned systems development and testing for DoD S&T communities.
- Direct customer contact and relationship management are extremely important, therefore candidate should be personable, knowledgeable, and an excellent communicator.
- Candidate will have demonstrated experience in embedded systems development, including various engineering processes, methodologies, and development lifecycles in the creation of vehicle system/subsystem architectures.
- Position may require the candidate to lead programs or sub-project and interact with the clients to comprehend and decompose complicated platform requirements into structured and manageable engineering components across multiple engineering disciplines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Math, or Science from an accredited college or university.
- At least 14 years providing support to engineering organizations.
- Must have experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience using Cameo Enterprise Architect, Rational Rhapsody, Sparx Enterprise Architect, or other comparable tools.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are needed to handle multiple task/projects and to work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are also required to work well with all levels of staff and managers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Can start work with Interim Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.