SAIC has a potential opportunity for a System Software Safety Engineer to support the U.S. Army Military Ground Vehicle Systems. The work will be located in Warren, MI.
This position is contingent upon contract award with an anticipated start date November 2022.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Apply System and Software Safety Engineering skills in support the development of software requirements, architecture, design, code and test for a variety of Government Programs.
- Apply safety knowledge to support incorporating safety processes within the current organization processes.
- The Software Safety Engineer is responsible for the execution of the SSPP on assigned Military program(s) by providing effective system safety engineering support to Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) through identification and analysis of potential hazards in design, operation and maintenance.
- Performance of and/or support to Hazard analyses such as Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), System Hazard Analysis (SHA), Subsystem Hazard Analysis (SSHA).
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA) and Safety Assessment Reports (SAR).
- Responsible for identifying and tracking new Safety requirements, and providing criticality and Level of Rigor assessments including Software Criticality Indexes using DO-178, MIL-STD-882E, AOP-52, and the Joint Software System Safety Handbook (JSSSEH) as Safety standards.
- Performing safety reviews verifying the execution of Software Level of Rigor (LOR) tasks based on the assessed software criticality index.
- Preparation of data packages and briefing material for System Safety Review Boards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Information Systems from an accredited college or university. A Master's degree in any of the preceding disciplines may be substituted for one year of general experience.
- A minimum total of 14 years' experience in the analysis, development and support of embedded computer systems and networks for DOD military ground systems including: A minimum of five (5) years' experience in the development and analysis of real-time embedded systems for security risks; and A minimum of four (4) years' experience in DOD Information Assurance policy and regulatory compliance including DoD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP), DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) & Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are needed to handle multiple task/projects and to work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are also required to work well with all levels of staff and managers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) with additional concentration as an Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP) or Information Assurance Level III. (IAT level III), and or Information Assurance Management Level (IAM Level II), with additional certifications in ethical hacker, and experience with software vulnerability tools such as Fortify or NESSUS.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have an active TOP SECRET/SCI clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.