SAIC has a potential opportunity for a Cyber Security Engineer to support the U.S. Army Military Ground Vehicle Systems. The work will be located in Warren, MI.
This position is contingent upon contract award with an anticipated start date November 2022.
The Cyber Security Engineer is primarily responsible for planning and building effective computing solutions to increase the security of U.S. Military Ground Vehicle Systems. Responsible for the cybersecurity vulnerability assessment, architecture, design, development and integration of complex military combat vehicle hardware and software based systems.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the attack surface characterization documents
- Entry and Exit Points
- Cyber Kill Chains
- Supply chain threats
- Develop and conduct vulnerability assessments
- Develop vehicle cybersecurity architecture
- Requirements management, analysis and decomposition
- Develop detailed use cases to be used as implementation models
- Research, analyze and execute solution strategies to meet customer requirements
- Develop vehicle software and cybersecurity architectures
- Perform trade studies to compare alternative approaches
- Integration of military lethality, survivability and C5ISR systems
- Develop (decompose and delegate) cybersecurity requirement specs, algorithms, logic flow-charts / activity diagrams, and leverage SysML Modeling and Simulation input
- Architect and oversee the creation of solutions using design tools
- Support prototype development and test.
- Support system integration lab development
- Perform analytical analysis and simulations to evaluate system performance
- Component/Vehicle test support
- Understand/create test requirements
- Create/review test plans
- Monitor/analyze test results
- Troubleshoot issues and perform corrective action
- Support concurrent engineering, SIL/HIL integration, procurement and prototype build/integration activities by providing technical assistance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Information Systems from an accredited college or university. A Master's degree in any of the preceding disciplines may be substituted for one year of general experience.
- A minimum total of 14 years' experience in the analysis, development and support of embedded computer systems and networks for DOD military ground systems including: A minimum of five (5) years' experience in the development and analysis of real-time embedded systems for security risks; and A minimum of four (4) years' experience in DOD Information Assurance policy and regulatory compliance including DoD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP), DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) & Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are needed to handle multiple task/projects and to work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are also required to work well with all levels of staff and managers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) with additional concentration as an Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP) or Information Assurance Level III. (IAT level III), and or Information Assurance Management Level (IAM Level II), with additional certifications in ethical hacker, and experience with software vulnerability tools such as Fortify or NESSUS.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have an active TS/SCI Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.