SAIC has a potential opportunity for a Military Operations Specialist to support the U.S. Army Military Ground Vehicle Systems. The work will be located in Warren, MI.
This position is contingent upon contract award with an anticipated start date November 2022.
Responsibilities of the Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Provides military operations expertise to projects such as military training, military planning, tactical/operational warfare analysis and documentation support, military budgeting, military systems design and testing, military systems integration, or other similar efforts that require a thorough understanding of military force structure, operations, systems, capabilities, limitations, and employment.
- May provide support directly to military units as a subject matter expert.
- May develop and provide academic instruction, field training, or experiential training to include war games.
- Researches, identifies, and makes recommendations about military resources required for task execution and completion.
- Gathers, processes, and analyzes military tactical and operational data in support of military planning and operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 3 years specialized experience relevant to the research, development, integration, engineering, validation and verification, test, fielding or maintenance activities of a complex ground vehicle or watercraft system.
- Specialized areas include program scheduling, program financial management, technical writing, technical program support, training package development and/or instruction, information systems, cybersecurity, safety, logistics, or maintenance support for testing and conduct of military operations, fielding, experiments or exercises.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are needed to handle multiple task/projects and to work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are also required to work well with all levels of staff and managers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Can start work with Interim Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.