Job ID: 2118816
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Feb 3, 2022
Subcategory: Cybersecurity Spec
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work:
Benefits: Click here
USMMA is a unique DOT site in that it is an operational military college campus. Issue at hand is having two separate domains, Federal USMMA domain for the Federal Staff of about 300 users, which has a one way AD Trust with DOT and connects via a Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) and a completely separate Midshipman (Student) domain of about 1200 users. The Midshipman domain/data cannot mingle with anything Federal as the Midshipman have been designated as civilian non-government participants by the US courts/congress and direction from DOT for separation of the two networks.
USMMA has unique academic requirements and cannot be consolidated with the other modes as it is a US Service Academy serving civilian population that are not federal employees.
Communicate and ensure compliance with NIST Cyber Security and Risk Management Framework to ensure accreditation, confidentiality, availability and integrity of information systems.
· Provide strategic and tactical security guidance for IT Security projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls.
· Direct and manage IT Security Incident identification and response efforts.
· Monitor and administer Enterprise IT Security policies, maintain IT Security procedures, daily operating checklist, drive process improvements, and continuous security monitoring.
· Manage the day-to-day Cyber Security activities of threat and vulnerability management, security awareness, identify risk tolerances, recommend treatment plans and communicate information about residual risk including vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, and insider threats.
· Proficiency in process of gathering analyzing and assessing the current and future threat landscape, performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments, and in defining remediation and treatment strategies.
Demonstrated experience in the following related disciplines.
• 7+ years of certification & accreditation experience with NIST Cyber Security framework.
• 7+ years Security Testing & Evaluation auditing, risk assessment, policy and procedure development.
• 7+ years in Government contracting environment.
• Strong leadership skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the Infrastructure and Applications teams, establish direction, foster teamwork, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, encourage dialogue, and encourage improvement and innovation.
• BS, in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
• ITIL v3 foundation certification
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.