Job ID: 2118803
Location: MIDDLETOWN, RI, United States
Date Posted: Jan 20, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Electrical Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an organized and motivated electrical engineer who will effectively take a lead role in a fast-paced work environment. Main locations are Middletown, RI, and/or the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport. You will be part of a collaborative team of engineers and support technicians working to bring a variety of electrical designs from the early concept stage all the way through fabrication. You will need broad engineering skillsets, well-developed work habits, and an eagerness and enthusiasm for solving engineering challenges.
• Your projects will include the design, documentation and testing of a wide array of electrical and electronic systems in the areas of undersea defensive systems, torpedo test equipment, Automated Test Equipment (ATE), sonar electronics, analog, digital, and system design and other evolving tasking.
• You will design and test electronic systems for embedded underwater applications, custom data acquisition systems, and automated test hardware for land-based testing of naval systems.
• You will develop and execute test plans for new designs and document your results.
• You will design and document systems and circuits in OrCAD, Eagle, or Visio
• You will have powerful computer, software, and test equipment resources at your disposal to allow you to be effective and efficient in your job.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
• 5+ years of engineering design, analysis, and testing
• Past experience leading projects
• Familiarity with National Instruments products including PXI, LabView, or CVI.
• Electronic design in the area of power electronics, audio-band amplifiers and filtering, signal conditioning, and/or high-speed digital. Schematic entry using OrCAD Capture or Eagle.
• PCB design with Mentor Graphics PADS Layout, Cadence OrCAD PCB Designer, Altium, or Eagle.
• FPGA experience including Vivado and Xilinx hardware.
• Developing and executing test plans for electronic subsystems.
• Familiarity with System Engineering concepts
• Experience with ROVs, UUVs, AUVs, sonar, arrays, and transducers.
• Must be highly motivated and have excellent problem solving skills.
• Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently with changing deadlines and priorities.
• Must be able to work in a team environment while completing tasks in an unsupervised and self-directed fashion.
• Must possess a SECRET clearance.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.