IT operational and project management related services in support of the building monitoring and control systems (BMC) to collaborate and coordinate integration projects, day-to-day technical support of devices and consoles, IT infrastructure, and general application and server support.
BMC systems include, but are not limited to building technologies such as; advanced metering systems (AMS), building automation systems (BAS), lighting control systems, physical access control systems (PACS), renewable energy systems, video surveillance systems, digital signage systems, and kiosk installations.
Candidate must have hands-on experience with physical hardware including the racking, stacking and installation of network components; installation and configuration of physical hardware; and troubleshooting failed installations.
Sample of Tasks:
- Applying IT skills in the analysis, specifications, development, integration, and acquisition of systems
- Support communications engineering, electronic engineering, communications security, network analysis, interoperability analysis, system standards, program analysis, programming, and cost analysis for new and existing systems
- Contribute to the development and implementation of procedures, and standards necessary to maintain the integrity, reliability, and maintainability of systems
- Install, tests, and integrates COTs products into the client’s environment
- Ensures systems and applications are compliant with security specifications
- Provides on-site support for systems including troubleshooting, documentation, architectural guidance
- Travel to other buildings to support system or projects
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years IT operation with strong understanding of networks, systems administration structures, theories, principles, and practices and experience with Microsoft Windows technologies (without a college degree, a minimum of 8 years experience required)
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments and the physical hardware.
- Experience with managing multiple priorities and projects
- Proficient with the principles of risk assessment and requirements specification
- Perform quality assurance functions
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills with physical hardware including network connectivity, cabling and installations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (2012/2019 server).
- Firm understanding of networking technologies, including TCP/IP, NetBios, DHCP, WINS, DNS, and LDAP.
- Ability to gather technical requirements from customer and vendors, participate in solution architecture and design meetings.
- Ability to effectively analyze, identify, and resolve operational issues or outages impacting system device network connectivity.
- Ability to support the implementation and operation of hardware and software, coordinate security scans for various energy management applications.
- Ability to serve as liaison between IT and other stakeholders (both technical and non-technical)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, focusing on ability to relate technical knowledge to a non-technical audience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Visio.
- Working knowledge of GSuite products.
- Ability to learn new, and effectively utilize a variety of existing diagnostic network tools
- Ability to participate in rotating shift coverage or emergency response as needed.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects
- Ability to provide guidance to non-technical and technical stakeholders regarding internal processes.
- Highly efficient in creating and maintaining accurate inventory documentation and network diagrams.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to frequently travel within the United States
- Ability to “own” a problem/issue, until it is resolved. This involves proactively working on an issue, doing a warm-handoff to another group, escalating to management when necessary or following up with various stakeholders.
- Ability to walk distances within large buildings or campuses and to lift 25 lbs for equipment for installations
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Familiarity with Building Control Systems
- Working knowledge of Windows IIS web services.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server.
- Working knowledge of Dell PowerEdge Servers, UPS.
- Virtualization experience, specifically VMWare,
- Experience with protocols such as: BACnet MSTP, BACnet IP, Modbus TCP/IP, Modbus MSTP, LonWorks, and Fox.
- Preference to those that have a GSA clearance or experience with Building Management systems
Location and Travel:
Travel is required. The normal office location is NW Washington, DC. However local travel within 50 miles of the office is expected to support the systems installed at different locations and travel may be required to locations within the CONUS as needed to support.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.