We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Incident Management Analyst to join our team in Germantown, MD to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
- Experience delivering IT programs ensuring the implementation of quality controls, metrics, and measures ensuring timely delivery of contract deliverables.
- Performs all functional duties independently.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Monitor and support Incident management in production, development, and test environments at all Data Centers.
- Provide a central point for coordination of incidents that arise in all environments. Establish and orchestrate bridge calls with emphasis on restoring service to users as quickly as possible, facilitate and troubleshoot toward resolution of incidents, and manage incidents to completion.
- Coordinate, escalate, and/or resolve operational system/application/network events that have the potential of negatively impacting system and application availability to the user community.
- Create and provide metrics to judge efficiency and effectiveness of Incident Management Process. Examples: Mean Time to Repair, Mean Time Between Failures, Repeat Incidents
- Create, update and maintain Standard Operating Procedures, Technical User Guides, Troubleshooting Guides, and Customer Contact Database. Conduct quarterly reviews of all documents.
- Develop and maintain the Incident Management process, to include: incident identification, incident logging, incident categorization, incident prioritization, initial diagnosis, incident escalation, investigation and diagnosis, incident resolution and closure.
- Develop and maintain web-based reporting for incident management as well as all facets related to systems availability.
- Coordinate with Knowledge Manager to create troubleshooting articles for various procedures. Develop “lessons learned” on all escalated incidents.
- Escalate incidents in accordance with established client escalation procedures.
- Supports Incident Manager to identify and respond to potential problems or trends before failure or degradation occurs. Provide information on scenarios for monitoring, automation, and adjusted threshold levels to allow appropriate action to be taken before adverse impact occurs. Develop and/or enhance processes to detect and prevent future incidents and allowing for quicker diagnosis and resolution if further incidents occur.
- Report on previous business day’s EOC call volume and SLAs to be incorporated into the Morning Meeting report slides. Content may change as the Government reporting requirements change over time.
- Report monthly on outstanding tickets dependent on third party action. Report to include ticket, item awaiting action, third party, duration and if known estimated resolution time.
- Supports the developing of monthly EOC reporting for SLAs and KPIs. Can be delivered as a report or government accepted dashboard.
- Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards.
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting systems performance.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years of experience or equivalent blend of education and experience.
- 1 year of strong experience with the following or similar tools: VPN, Teams, MS365
- 1 year of experience with working with discovery tools such as ServiceNow, and Beyond Trust, BigFix, and SCCM.
- 1 year engineering experience within a large-scale, complex Manager of Manager (MoM) type monitoring environment and the ability to put in place an End to End Proactive Event management solution;
- 1 year exposure to Service Management/ITIL framework and concepts (Incident, Change, Asset Management);
- 1 year of proven demonstrated troubleshooting skills; highly skilled in the implementation, integration, testing and support of distributed applications.
- Previous system administration or design experience with Microsoft SQL, ORACLE or DB2 is a plus;
- Experience working with Cloudspace and an understanding of other virtualization technologies
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.