SAIC is seeking a Contracts Principal to manage proposals and contracts within the Health, State/Local, Commercial and Federal Financial Business Unit supporting various customers. The position will primarily be responsible for:
- Managing a large IDIQ contract with several active task orders providing information technology services and solutions to the US Department of Veterans Affairs.
- The position requires knowledge of the government contracts field as well as experience with Federal, State/Local and Commercial contracts.
- Areas of responsibility include RFP review, proposal preparation, proposal/pricing review, negotiation, contract review to include risk recognition, in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Duties also include reviewing contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policy, government and customer specifications and requirements, and conformance to master agreements.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Additional duties include proposal preparation which requires writing professional and compliant cost volumes
- Negotiation and administration of various contract types to include cost reimbursable, time and materials, firm fixed price, multiple task order contracts and managed services contracts
- Preparation of teaming agreements and proprietary information agreements
- Collection and submission of data for regulatory reporting
- Management of OCI Plans
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of contracts administration and proposal support; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience; PhD or JD and five (5) years or more experience.
- Cost proposal experience is required
- Experience managing large IDIQ contracts with several active task orders required. Candidates with experience supporting the US Department of Veterans Affairs and the Transformation Twenty-One Total Technology Next Generation (T4NG) contract vehicle are extremely desirable.
- Experience negotiating complex contractual agreements
- Candidates shall have a demonstrated experience reviewing and interpreting contractual language, recommending and negotiating contractual terms and conditions and interpreting established policies, procedures, and standard practices to develop proactive plans to ensure contract activities achieve desired objectives and timetables.
- Understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards in contract administration
- Knowledge of industry practices
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing assigned contracts, including FAR, TINA and CAS applicability
- Effective administrative and organizational skills
- Excels at effective communication, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external colleagues, management and executives. Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills, along with the ability to work within tight and often conflicting deadlines.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.