Job ID: 2117013
Location: REMOTE WORK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2021
Category: Business Management
Subcategory: Tax Accounting
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is currently hiring a Tax Director. The Tax Director is primarily responsible for managing and reviewing the worldwide income tax provision and related financial statement disclosures on a quarterly and annual basis. The successful candidate will coordinate with the financial statement auditors to successfully complete their review or audit for each reporting period. He/she will oversee and manage SAIC's co-source arrangement with external tax advisors for all income tax compliance. He/she will be expected to partner effectively with Technical Accounting, Financial Reporting, and applicable business departments on various projects as needed.
The ideal candidate must possess strong experience with income tax compliance and accounting for income taxes in accordance with ASC 740, including the financial reporting aspects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or similar field) and a Master’s Degree in Taxation or a CPA.
• CPA or MST is required.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in public accounting or corporate/public blend, specializing in corporate taxation.
• 10+ years of supervisory experience, with demonstrated ability to mentor staff.
• Comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge of Federal, International and State Income Tax laws and of Accounting for Income Taxes (ASC 740).
• Exceptional project management skills are required, with proactive process improvement experience.
• Strong computer and technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Extensive accounting/finance background is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Energetic and have a high sense of urgency while working on projects.
• A quick learner who is willing to take on new challenges and roles.
• A high level of confidence and integrity, detail oriented, creative and self-motivated, able to take a hands-on approach to problem solving and a team player with a positive attitude.
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• Experience with Deltek Costpoint and Hyperion (or similar systems) are a plus.
• OneSource income tax provision experience is a plus.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.