Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) is seeking a Finance Manager in Washington DC.
The Senior Financial Analyst will manages all business and financial matters for a large US Navy Weapons Development Engineering support services contract.
Location/Flexwork: This position allows teleworking as much as 90%. We can guarantee at least two days per week. However, the Finance Manager must live within a commutable distance to the DC office for meetings as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses accounting systems and financial procedures in resolving problems and preparing recommendations for management and the Navy Contracting Officer based on the financial results of programs.
- Analyzes current and past labor level of effort budgets (and other direct costs, mostly involving business travel), prepares and justifies budget requests, and allocates funds to three "tasks" and several subcontractors according to spending priorities and government directions.
- Analyzes accounting records to determine financial resources required to implement programs and submits recommendations for budget allocations recommend approval or disapproval of requests for funds and advise staff on cost analysis and fiscal allocations.
- Consolidates the budget estimates of several subcontractors and funding sources (e.g., the NAVSEA ship design manager, PMS 400D) and prepares a unitary budget itemizing production costs, for consideration and action by upper echelons of management.
- Works closely with subcontractor finance reps, program task leads, gov't funding sources, the SAIC PM/DPM, the SAIC contracting officer and mostly with the gov't contracting officer rep (COR) and the SAIC project controllers.
- Reviews draft contract modifications from the gov't and recommends changes.
- Assists SAIC in generating purchase requests and subcontract mods to fund its subcontractors that work these weapons engineering development services.
- Tracks planned vs. actual labor expenditures (using MS Excel) and participates in biweekly PMO meeting and monthly meetings with the gov't.
- Maintains financial records in Excel and in various SAIC tools (e.g., costpoint).
- Participates in quarterly progress reviews with upper SAIC management.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Master's degree and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and five (5) years or more experience.
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Experience working financial analysis and/or business management with or in DoD acquisition programs, preferably within Naval Sea Systems Command, its affiliates, or supporting activities (e.g., NSWC Dahlgren)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.