SAIC is seeking a Drafter/CAD Operator II support to demonstrate strong conceptual problem solving skills and translate customer requirements into visually engaging, innovative solutions to include but not limited to 2D and 3D modeling, rendering, and animation, as well as interactive development for web, mobile, and standalone. This position is located in Crane, IN
- Utilizing 3D CAD programs to translate and manipulate models for Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) animation use.
- Creating CAD animations from Technical Data Packages (TDPs) by modeling, modifying, and creating representations of electro mechanical assemblies and subassemblies across system configurations.
- Updating and maintaining TDPs per Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs)/Notice of Revisions In Accordance With (IAW) ASME, GD&T, and Military drawing standards.
- Digitizing, editing, and revising engineering drawings of components, parts, circuits, structures, and/or assemblies.
- Checking drawing plots versus the project input for correctness and conformance to standards.
- Interfacing with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards, and Engineering Change Notice (ECN)/Engineering Change Request (ECR) documentation.
- Utilizing engineering computations and mathematical calculations as well as determining scales and preparing or revising specifications.
- Developing high quality, standard-compliant, web-based eLearning and web applications that incorporate graphics.
- Developing original 2D and 3D modeling and animation products, graphics, simulation, and presentations.
- Evaluating, assessing, and recommending multimedia solutions to application stakeholders.
- Coordinating with other developers and software professionals.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with customers.
- Understanding customer’s overall vision and possessing an overall technical understanding and knowledge of the customer’s mission.
- Coordinating, scheduling, and managing multimedia requirements.
- Immediately communicating obstacles or issues to leadership.
- Interfacing technical writers, SMEs/ISEAs, and customer.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- High School and five (5) years related experience; or Associate Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Proficient with Solid Edge, Solid Works, or Creo (Desired)
- Possess working knowledge of design fundamentals, color theory, interface design and image editing, storage and compression, distributed learning applications, and interface usability.
- Experience in storyboarding.
- Proficient on PC.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline and detail oriented environment.
- Possess strong time management and troubleshooting skills.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively collaborate with a variety of teams and interested parties.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, demonstrating initiative and organization.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with DOD industry.
- Experience with Microsoft products and Zoom.
- Experience with videos and audio recordings.
- Experience with designing for mobile devices such as iPads and tablets.
- Experience with participating in professional societies.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.