Title: Configuration Manager, Senior
SAIC is seeking a Senior-level Configuration Manager for a position on the VA T4NG Consolidated Corporate Support Services (CCSS) program serving our Department of Veterans Affairs Corporate Portfolio clients across the entire U.S.
- Develops, uses, and/or maintains software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed software and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products.
- Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable.
- Designs, develops, automates, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development.
- Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use.
- May develop software configuration standards for contract-wide use.
- May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Establishes and recommends changes to CM policies, and which may affect client and/or internal groups/organizations.
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Guides the successful completion of major CM programs across client’s Corporate product lines
- When necessary, represents the organization as a prime technical contact on the contract and among its various programs and projects.
- Interacts with senior-level internal and external client personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between teams, groups, and/or organizations.
Selected key technologies and skillsets the Configuration Manager, Sr., may encounter in this role among the contract Team members they’ll be working with, by VA Product Line:
- For VA’s Financial Management Product Line:
- Financial Management System (FMS):
- Mainframe, JCL, COBOL, SAS, VSAM Analysis, CICS, CA7
- OBIEE, Informatica, Weblogic, CA SiteMinder
- For VA’s Secretary of the VA (SecVA)/General Counsel/Legal Affairs Product Line:
- General Counsel Laws (GCLAWS)
- Microsoft .Net Framework; Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) Server; VMware vSphere; Windows Server; Telerik Controls,
- Microsoft Entity, MicroFocus Fortify Static Code Analyzer, Delphi, and/or
- SQL, .Net, Microsoft Entity, MicroFocus Fortify Static Code Analyzer
- For VA’s Human Capital Management (HCM) Product Line:
- HR-PAS Data Warehouse:
- Mulesoft, Microsoft .Net, MS SQL Server, automated testing tools
- For VA’s Acquisition and Property Management (APM) Product Line:
- Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) POS:
- Oracle Retail Application, Oracle development
- VCS AIS, CRMBS, MDM:
- SQL, .Net, Oracle development and database, Red Hat Linux, Weblogic, APIs
Required Education, Experience, and Clearance:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience, - OR –
- Masters and seven (7) years or more experience, - OR –
- PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
- Ability to obtain a VA Position of Public Trust – Medium Background Investigation (MBI)
- Extensive hands-on experience with Configuration and Change Management practices and principles at the enterprise level in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban/SAFe delivery environment
- Experience with the setup and use of Jira, Jira Boards, SharePoint, and GitHub for CM repository use, Agile-related creation and delivery of project metrics and reporting, and management of CIs
- ITIL certification
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and very good interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic with ability to self-manage workload and deliverables under tight deadlines
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.