Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) is seeking a Deputy Program Manager for AEGIS Engineering Support in Washington DC.
The DPM, will be responsible for successful delivery of engineering support services to Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS) AEGIS Program Office (PEO IWS 1.0).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage performance of three tasks (product development, ship integration, systems engineering) of this level of effort program under direction of the PM.
- Manage and integrate activities in accordance with contract requirements and ensure technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance.
- Assist in monitoring financial planning and execution.
- Serve as the lead hiring manager to maintain 140 FTEs (roughly half SAIC personnel, half subcontractors) in supporting the customer at the Washington Navy yard and many locations around the US.
- Manage risk, customer relationships, and program staffing.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and escalate challenges to SAIC leadership.
- Support various business development activities and program staff management.
- Contribute to a strategic BD plan to protect current program and expand account offerings.
- Manage a small administrative staff to support onboarding, NDAs, personal IT equipment, SharePoint usage, office habitability, conferences, graphics support and other activities.
- Provide mentorship to employees based on Naval experience.
- Manage SAIC employee conduct, required training, and other corporate functions.
- Supervise employee AEGIS training program, DAU course completion and other training activities.
- Lead internal cross-functional team.
- Use, maintain, and/or develop standard, well-defined processes, procedures, techniques, or tools that require program-specific modifications.
- Provide strategic guidance to the team.
- Provide input to MS on performance reviews and compensation-related actions.
- Resolve moderate personnel issues in coordination with MS, HR, and Program Oversight.
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and ten (10) years or more experience.
- Experience at sea as Naval Officer serving on an AEGIS ship for at least one tour.
- Two (2) years of experience in an acquisition program or related activity (e.g., COMOPTEVOR or another OTA, OPNAV, field activity etc.)
- Expert understanding of MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- DoD staff experience.
Required Security Clearance:
- Must have an active Secret security clearance
- And must be willing to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- AEGIS Executive Officer
- AEGIS TAO
- AEGIS Department Head
- Action officer on major service or joint staff
- SharePoint user, manager or developer expertise
- MS Project and Excel experience
- DAWIA qualifications
- Agile or DEVOPS management experience
- NAVSEA experience, especially in PEO IWS
- PEO C4I experience
- Any activity related to AEGIS systems engineering (from concept development to sustainment) or acquisition
- Similar or interfaced systems (e.g., SSDS or a Gun Weapons System) will be considered as beneficial
- The idea is to have understanding on the customer's work so as to be able to solve staffing problems and to allocate task responsibilities and resolve performance issues
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.