The candidate for this Certified TEMPEST Professional II position will conduct and lead TEMPEST testing utilizing approved test procedures that are in accordance with current U.S. Government specifications and the National TEMPEST Standard. Support activities will include requirements capture and interpretation, design support, authoring control plans and qualification test procedures, overseeing qualification testing, capturing, and analyzing qualification test data and results, and writing qualification test reports. Additionally, the candidate will train others to obtain CTP I certification. The CERTIFIED TEMPEST Professional II will also perform the following core duties:
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup the Equipment Under Test (EUT) in a shielded enclosure in accordance with U.S. Government Specifications and or approved test plans.
- Understand the intent and proper execution of TEMPEST test methodologies including test setup, test modes, test messages, and signal analysis.
- Conduct TEMPEST tests in accordance with U.S. Government Specifications and/or the approved test plan.
- Record and accurately communicate test results or test related concerns.
- Identify, troubleshooting, and resolve TEMPEST and Emanations Security (EMSEC) related vulnerabilities.
- Work with approved TEMPEST vendors to ensure that any required TEMPEST modifications are performed as required.
- Perform test setup ambient measurements.
- The successful candidate must be highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and strong interpersonal/team skills, must be able to coordinate multiple projects while balancing priorities and schedule commitments.
- Capturing and analyzing qualification test data and results and writing qualification test reports.
- TEMPEST support will include working with project teams to evaluate products with respect to NSTISSAM guidance.
- Maintain the Approved Equipment List (AEL) for use by the government customer.
- Microsoft Office skills are required.
Required Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; may accept additional experience in lieu of degree.
- The candidate must be a Certified TEMPEST Professional (Level 2); or CTA (higher certification)
- Military and/or Intelligence Community experience in a relevant technical or Radio Frequency (RF) related field is preferred.
- Top Secret/SCI or Top Secret with SCI eligibility.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.