The candidate for this TEMPEST Technician position will conduct TEMPEST testing, under the supervision of a Certified TEMPEST Professional Level II (CTP II), using approved test procedures that are in accordance with current U.S. Government specifications. TEMPEST testing experience is preferred but training will be provided to suitable candidates that do not have experience.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Install the equipment under Test (EUT) in a shielded enclosure in accordance with U.S. Government Specifications and or approved test plans.
- Verify that the EUT is operational in all test modes.
- Understand the intent and proper execution of TEMPEST test methodologies including test setup, test modes, test messages, and signal analysis.
- Ensure that the detection system test equipment is operating correctly and within calibration requirements.
- Conduct TEMPEST tests in accordance with U.S. Government Specifications and/or the approved test plan.
- Record and accurately communicate test results or test related concerns to the CTP and other applicable supervisors.
- Assist the CTP in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving TEMPEST vulnerabilities and Emanations Security (EMSEC) related vulnerabilities.
- Work with approved TEMPEST vendors to ensure that any required TEMPEST modifications are performed as required.
- Assist the CTP in generating TEMPEST Test Reports.
- Perform test setup ambient measurements.
- Perform detection system sensitivity measurements.
- Perform Facility Certification measurements.
- Maintain the Approved Equipment List (AEL) for use by the government customer.
- Microsoft Office skills are required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and zero (0) years or more experience; may accept additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Military and/or Intelligence Community experience in a relevant technical or Radio Frequency (RF) related field is preferred.
- A Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance with SCI.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.