SAIC has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Administrator to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Kennedy Space center Florida. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. As a member of the Enterprise Software Support team, this Senior Systems Administrator will manage and support server infrastructure support NICS Enterprise Applications.
- Ensure the day-to-day operation and ongoing support of NICS Servers and Systems including event, fault, and performance management systems.
- Develop solutions to monitor, notify, and correct anomalies/alarms.
- Design the environment, hardware specifications, and software layers to provide for a reliable, scalable, secure and highly available Linux Systems Environment.
- Find gaps in the Linux Environment and use analytical skills and knowledge of database methodologies to problem solve and provide solutions.
- Ensure that server hardware and operating systems are installed, properly configured, and operating as-expected on production, development, or lab systems running on Redhat Linux, and Windows environments.
- Configure operating systems and utilities to support customer requirements.
- Lead efforts and work closely with database and application administrators; data/telecommunication analysts; outside vendors; and application programmers in engineering solutions or resolving problems. Act as a lead consulting and training resource for NICS Servers.
- Provide guidance to network engineers/analysts on the configuration of server hardware and architectures to meet application and service requirements.
- Lead IR&D efforts to identify new solutions, communicating solutions and progress with Senior and Program Management.
- Work closely with vendors or other groups within the organization to correct problems or perform root cause analysis.
- Analyze and make formal recommendations on optimization and capacity planning for systems.
- Lead design, develop, and maintain process automation scripts development and utilities written in BASH/Python languages.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to the design, installation, administration, and maintenance of multiple Linux systems in a distributed computing environment.
- Ensure stability, viability and maintenance of the 24/7 mission-critical production environment.
- Prepare weekly reports on significant events. Write test plans and conduct product evaluations in a lab environments.
- Perform system and application account management activities.
- Design and maintain a repeatable, documented patch deployment methodology for administrators to implement.
- Lead projects responsible for the optimization of systems functionality, diagnosis complex performance issues and facilitates recovery of failed systems in accordance with customer Service Level Agreements.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related experience.
- Years of experience may be accepted in place of degree.
- Experience in server architectures, storage architectures, virtualization, monitoring tools, backup/restore, performance tuning/capacity planning, documentation, server management
- Must have experience with UNIX server administration including RedHat LINUX platform, backup/restore, performance tuning, DNS, TCP/IP, and clustering.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience working with VMWare hypervisors and architecture.
- Solid understanding of data and telecommunication technologies and networking fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of database management, security and data access technologies
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills for effective interaction with customers and co-workers
- Proven ability to provide project leadership as well as work routine tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance and be a U.S. Citizen
- Computer Science or Cyber Security Bachelor’s Degree
Desired Skills / Experiences:
- Knowledge of SNMP/RMON based monitoring solutions such as CA Spectrum, NetBrain, DNC-C and/or other similar NMS tools.
- Knowledge of best practices from large scale enterprise deployments.
- Ability to develop and maintain Python programs or shell scripts in a UNIX environment for automation
- Prior experience in a Highly Available Linux Systems Environment
- Knowledge of Ansible and/or Yum
- Knowledge of Kickstart procedures
Desired Certifications / Training:
RedHat, VMWare, Microsoft Windows, or Python programming
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.