SAIC is looking for a Host Based Security System Analyst to support the US Navy's Computer Defense Network (CND) team in North Charleston, SC.
- Configure, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot Host Base Security System (HBSS/McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO)) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS/Tenable Nessus) for Navy Computer Network Defense (CND) classified and unclassified systems.
- Tasking includes but is not limited to troubleshooting, metrics collection, maintenance support, and the timely entry of communication and tasking into the ticket management tool (ITSM).
- Configure, deploy, and maintain VMWare ESXi Server 4.1 and Microsoft Hypervisor.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2019, RHEL 7 and RHEL 8.
- Redline current technical process and procedure documentation.
- Deploy Cyber Security mandated system upgrades, patches, and perform modifications to ensure systems are protected against known exploits.
- May be required to travel to Navy ships to perform CND-OSE software upgrades and installations and provide onsite technical assists in support of CND fielded systems for issues that cannot be resolved via distance support.
Travel: Anticipated travel is up to 10%, both CONUS and OCONUS. Candidate must have or be able to obtain a US Passport.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) plus years or more experience; Masters and seven (7); PhD or JD and four (4) plus years or 4 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in testing, maintaining, deploying, and troubleshooting HBSS (also known as McAfee ePolicy ePO) and ACAS (also known as Tenable Nessus) systems in a DoD environment.
- Experience using Windows to include all activities such as active directory, installation, system integration, image development, patching, upgrades, complex problem resolution and other activities in large, complex environment.
- Experience utilizing DISA STIGs to harden Windows and Linux systems to secure networks and security devices.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals and network security best practices.
- Experience testing, integrating, and supporting secure virtual hosting environments, including hosting environment hardware, back-end storage solutions, virtualization management and virtual networking.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Active Secret Clearance and have eligibility for a Top Secret Clearance. Higher clearances accepted.
- Required Current Security Certification: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP+ CE, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, OR GCIH.
- OS Certification: Windows or Linux Variant, VMWare, MS SQL, Active Directory, HBSS, ACAS, SPLUNK, Server+, or similar.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.