Seeking a Python Algorithm Developer with system expertise to continuously maintain and train the algorithms for SAIC/Customs and Border Protection (CBP). The individual will be a part of or software development team working to train/improve recognition accuracy for AI algorithms but will be dedicated to this project.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design, build, test, and maintain web-based annotation interface for data entry professionals
- Build Python and bash scripts to clean and structure data used for AI training
- Manage GPU-based AI training, tune input parameters, and measure performance
- Write scripts to perform automated data collection that can be ingested into the data annotation pipeline
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expertise in Python
- Expertise with the Django web framework
- Proficient in storing and exchanging data using JSON & CSV formats
- Knowledge of RESTful web services.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strong focus on attention to details.
- Good team-working and communication skills for interfacing with clients, fellow developers, and other departments.
- Ability to react in a fast-paced environment and prioritize projects appropriately
- Remain current on relevant technologies and new industry trends.
- Technical experience with the following technologies:
- SQL Databases
What You Need for this Position:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Ability to develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software systems
- Expertise in building secure applications using modern security principles.
- Expertise in version control with Git
- Expertise with application delivery using Docker
- Expertise in bug tracking, issue tracking
- Expertise with Agile/SCRUM process and techniques.
- Expertise with documenting software requirements, functional requirements, and use cases.
- CBP Clearance required to start
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.