SAIC is actively seeking a Policy Analyst to join our team in support of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense/ Readiness (OASD(R)) Force Education and Training (FE&T) Deputy Assistant Secretary Defense (DASD) and Chief of Staff (CoS) in Washington D.C., working in the Pentagon.
Position is onsite for onboarding and hybrid onsite/telecommute thereafter, with the exception of COVID remote guidance, and will follow the guidance of the CoS.
- Support the OASD(R)’s Force Education and Training (FE&T) Deputy Assistant Secretary Defense (DASD) and Chief of Staff (CoS) across the portfolio by drafting statements, testimony, responses, briefing materials, and talking points.
- Communicate DoD policies, programs, and develop positions to internal and external engagements, including Congress, media, military and veteran support organizations, and the public.
- Assist in communicating FE&T strategic vision and mission through document editing, alignment and review.
- Develop memorandums, information papers, talking points, and briefings for senior DoD leaders that communicate policies, positions, program information, requirements, and requests for action. Responsibilities will include both quick response and longer term assignments.
- Draft policy documents related to the FE&T portfolio in a variety of formats, to include memorandums and instructions. Navigate the DoD issuance process and internal OUSD(P&R) processes for coordination and publication. Coordinate with DoD-wide programs to address policy requirements.
- Review, research, analyze, and communicate the potential impacts of proposed legislation on DoD policies, programs, and positions related to the readiness of Service members and families.
- Develop recurring and special interest reports to Congress that communicate DoD policies, programs, and positions related to the readiness of Service members and families. Work will include project management support to include planning, research, preparation, development, and coordination.
- Work with other DoD interests and other government and non-governmental interests to provide the most comprehensive readiness preparedness opportunities to the Services.
- Some travel could be required, but is limited and not regular. One or two times a year can be expected to attend symposiums or conferences.
- Work independently on customer site under general direction from management and will represent the organization in direct communication with customers.
- Travel up to 10%
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 18+ years of experience or Master's degree and 10+ years of experience
- Active Secret clearance
- 3+ years of experience with Military / DoD staffing processes, working in a high pace, high demand tempo organization within DoD. Must be able to work quickly and respond to RFIs/Tasks.
- 1+ year experience reviewing, responding, and routing policy and directives thru staffing and service approval.
- 1+ year experience creating and processing DoD Forms, Directives and Instructions Staffing processes, DoDI Strong communication and writing skills
- Experience with FOIA requests
- Experience conducting general analytics
- Experience as a staff/action officer (military or civilian)
- Experience with the Pentagon and previous experience supporting DASD level directors.
- Retired military officer (O4 or above) strongly desired a plus
- Knowledge related to unique factors of military life is a plus
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and written
- Must be a quick learner and a team player
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $105,001 - $115,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.