The primary function is to provide multi-discipline security support of the customer’s Special Access Programs (SAPs). The position will provide “day-to-day” support and multi-discipline analysis for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Performance shall include:
- Ensure strict adherence to the provisions of the DoD Security Manual’s, ICD/DCID, ICD, and SAP policy
- Assist in developing and executing approved policies and procedures for safeguarding Special Access Program (SAP), Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and collateral data in support of DoD sensitive activities.
- Provide day-to-day security support that includes continuous assessment of procedures to identify shortfalls and provide appropriate recommendations for revising and improving security policies, procedures, and systems
- Identify vulnerabilities, threats, and risks to test, training, and operational activities
- Assist in developing, implementing, and training the Operations Security program
- Assist in providing contractor and subordinate facility assistance and oversight
- Brief all levels of personnel, both in the government and senior civilian services, on a variety of security related topics
- Conduct and document SAP facility compliance reviews, follow-on facility reviews, and facility close-outs
- Monitor, report and track all corrective actions resulting from compliance reviews
- Ensure timely notification of pertinent security matters to program technical and management staff
- Conduct exploration of any loss, compromise, or suspected compromise of classified and/or sensitive information, including conducting preliminary inquiries and generating damage assessments resulting from the loss of classified information.
- Coordinate with SAP security personnel to ensure lessons-learned are incorporated into the curriculum for the SAP security education & awareness program
- Provide day-to-day security administration to include, but not limited to: VARs, escort duties, document and media control, COMSEC account maintenance, document classification reviews, and security classification guidance creation and maintenance
- Understanding of OSD and/or Joint Staff document staffing protocols and procedures
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Have a current or be willing to submit to a Counterintelligence Scope Polygraph (CSP)
- Bachelor’s Degree (or 12 years of experience), and;
- Over 10 years related experience
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate ICD/DCIDs and other guiding policy documents
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DoD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) up to 50% (note - almost exclusively CONUS and mostly around NCR and will include both air and ground transportation).
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.