SAIC is seeking a NOC Analyst in Atlanta, GA. This is support the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) cybersecurity mission to ensure HHS can actively protect the vital health information with which it is entrusted, respond to existing and emerging cybersecurity threats, and continue to enhance the program to ensure HHS has the capability and capacity to respond to new and emerging requirements, technologies and threats.This is a 24x7x365 environment. This role is in support of a Security Network Operations Center (SNOC).
- Accurately monitor multiple wide area networks (WAN), local voice and data networks for circuit utilization and errors, network node availability, network device health, and system alarms.
- Work with the CSO and other OpDiv teams to investigate anomalies observed within the network and to remediate network and systems outages.
- For network alarms, events, and outages; perform first level troubleshooting, triage, escalation, event management, and ticket documentation.
- Make required outage and degradation notifications to stakeholders at intervals commemorate with problem severity
- Perform incident documentation by creating tickets. Incident documentation includes selection of the affected party, prioritization of the incident, filling in the mandatory fields such as type and time of incident and a brief description.
- Research and resolve issues such as documentation requests, repeat issues, customer follow-up as appropriate, recommend any process improvements and provide shift turn over status.
- Perform notification and escalation of the incident as documented in customer specific procedures in accordance with established guidelines and standards.
- Be the front line to HHS SNOC technical support staff members by coordinating and routing incidents, calls and tickets
- Respond to network events, customer telephone calls and e-mails (collectively referred to as “incidents”).
- Monitor the alarm activity (includes multiple OPDIVS and CSO internal infrastructure) through the software monitoring system
- Track incidents where applicable to verify that response times and availability requirements established in the SLA are met.
- Create and update tickets with 100% accuracy, following established procedures
- Review, evaluation and development of alternative uses or configuration strategies to overcome existing operational opportunities.
- Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field and 1+ years of experience, Associates and 3 years of experience or 4 years of additional experience in lieu of a degree. Must have the adequate knowledge and skills to learn and perform the described job.
- SolarWinds experience or knowledge is required
- Experience using Splunk is preferred
- 3+ yers of Networking experience is preferred
- Cybersecurity experience is preferred
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.