SAIC is looking for a IT Specialist Support candidate to support Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific (NIWC Pacific) which provides the U.S. Navy and military with essential capabilities in the areas of command and control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR), cyber, and space.
- The IT Specialist will be responsible for deploying and managing applications in a production like environment hosted on Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016. The IT specialist will support creation and deployment of images running Windows 10 and Server 2016 with security controls in place. The IT Specialist will coordinate with Developers and Development Leads to implement and improve practices that bring consistency between development, test, and production environments. The IT Specialist will support the operation of software and provide recommendations for improvements. The IT Specialist will collaborate with product owners and leads to ensure security requirements are implemented with working software. The IT Specialist will implement fixes for production systems and document solutions with feedback to the stakeholders to help improve the overall product.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Support cybersecurity efforts for RMF accreditations (ATO)
- Deploy software to systems meeting DOD mandated security requirements
- As a member of the IT Specialists team, collaborate with development to implement and improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Perform ACAS, SCAP scans and STIG compliance as required and upload scans to Navy VRAM
- Perform system backups for future recovery and ensure security through access controls
- Must have experience developing Security Policies/Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)/Other Documentation.
- Must be able provide analysis of Directives, Policies, Instructions (CTOs, FRAG/TASK/OPORDs, IAVM, PKI Guidance)
- Analyze system configurations per DISA STIG using STIGviewer and SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC)
- Strong desire to adhere to best practices and provide the highest quality of service and support
- Monitor and maintain system performance, recommend changes and upgrades
- Patch management
- Promote collaboration with other staff members and participate in the implementation of new projects, ideas, etc
- Maintain requirements for DOD 8570 IAT-2 and membership in Navy Cybersecurity Workforce
- Bachelor's degree in management information systems, computer science, statistics, physics, mathematics or related field or professional experience in lieu of degree
- At least 2 years of experience as a System Administrator or IT Specialist
- Experience implementing DISA STIG and SRG for OS, Applications, and Databases
- Ability to perform ACAS and SCAP scans
- Must have a Secret Clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.