A leader in the exciting and growing field of High Performance Computing (HPC) SAIC is searching for a Senior Linux System Administrator to join our team supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (DoD HPCMP) located at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
Perform standard Linux System Administration duties as required to maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems consisting of standalone, virtual machine, and large scale High Performance Computing (HPC) cluster based systems including coordination with network administrators. Additional duties are:
- Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space.
- Developing and monitoring policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Responsibilities associated with successful design, support, and integration of HPC clusters (computation, storage and infrastructure), software, scheduling, and research applications in order to meet the computational needs of DoD scientists.
- Participating in the installation, integration, acceptance testing, and on-going maintenance of our HPC systems and software environment.
- Assisting with forecast resource limitations and provide recommendations for increasing the efficiency of our resources through proper scheduling and load balancing techniques.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain TS required. (DoD TS SSBI clearance desired)
- DoD 8570 Certification compliance – Security + and OS cert, Linux+, RedHat, etc
- Solid knowledge of Linux and general Unix operating systems concepts as well as extensive systems administration experience
- Experience in multi-factor authentication platforms and solutions, and Identity Management such as OpenID, LDAP, and Kerberos.
- Security implementations using multi-factor authentication, PKI, or Kerberos and Unix OS hardening to DoD STIG standards.
- Ability to create and maintain Information Assurance (IA) compliance documentation of the Information System.
- Ability to develop and maintain documentation on system administration procedures for routine and complex tasks
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Experience with compiling, installing, and porting software.
- Ability to understand application scaling issues related to problem resolution, algorithm choice.
- Experience with Storage Architectures: SAN, SAS, FC, SATA, Bandwidth, Performance
- Ability to manage development of appropriate application benchmarks, analyze results and determine optimal configurations for processor type/speed, size of memory/cache, and memory interconnect fabric for customer problem domains.
- May require occasion after hours support and response to emergency situations for problem resolution
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.