SAIC is seeking a Technology & Program Protection Engineer/Technical Analyst to advance the practice of Technology & Program Protection (T&PP) and related System Security Engineering activities through all phases of a system acquisition, from requirements through design and production to sustainment and disposal of military systems that may operate in physical or cyberspace domains.
The ideal candidate will be a well-versed systems security engineer and/or technical analyst with systems engineering knowledge of T&PP requirements across DoD programs, labs, and science & technology environments. The candidate will be an advocate for improving the DoD state-of-the-practice for T&PP and will coordinate with the Military Services for the development of synchronized T&PP policy, guidance, and best practice and support the development of T&PP strategies, findings, assessments, recommendations and reports to DoD senior leaders.
Job duties include:
- Develop and review Technology and Program Protection related policy, acquisition and technical guidance, strategy, methods, and technology roadmaps, as directed by the government.
- Provide professional engineering services to support the conduct of technology and program protection technical risk and vulnerability assessments of acquisition programs and review and approval of Program Protection Plans (PPPs).
- Support development of T&PP training and oversight materials for competency improvement and workforce development.
- Support in the conduct of T&PP and cyber resilience workshops and outreach activities.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or related technical field
- Minimum of 10 years of technical experience in the areas of Technology Protection, Systems Engineering and/or Systems Security Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of Acquisition or Engineering experience supporting DoD programs of record
- Experience communicating with senior management and reporting progress against schedule
- Ability to interact regularly with Service program offices and development contractors.
- Experience in delivering complex solutions in a high-pressure environment
- Possess communications and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to provide long-term guidance and solutions
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, prioritization, task management and organizational skills
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually, and to transform ideas into practical implementation
- Must have minimum SECRET clearance; ability to obtain TOP SECRET clearance
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline or related field
- Extensive knowledge of DOD acquisition lifecycle, policy and guidance
- Experience as a DoD Action Officer in developing and staffing work packages through tasker information systems.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (FAR, DFARS) and relevant impacts to policy
- Background and capability in the following types of areas: Program Protection Planning, Anti-Tamper, Software Assurance, Hardware Assurance, Systems Integration, Systems Design, Supply Chain Risk Management, Controlled Technical Information
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.