SAIC is seeking a Workflow Manager to provide executive level management and analytical support to senior DoD officials within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)). This is an exciting position that requires close interaction with top department leadership within the Pentagon and across the Department of Defense (DoD), including Components, industry partners, academia, international partners, and associations to achieve mission goals and outcomes. Candidates will help our customers solve complex problems; manage workflow, project communications, and policy compliance; and increase workforce productivity through process improvement.
Job duties include:
- Provide process management and staff expertise to 11 subordinate staff sections, ensuring that products meet applicable standards and are within required suspense.
- Track and analyze office workflow tasks using the Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS); review volumes of data to identify appropriate actions needed and ensure all tasks are handled in a timely manner.
- Gather information; articulate, analyze, and solve problems; visualize and present information; and provide decision support to achieve mission outcomes.
- Compose correspondence and documents for senior leadership, ensuring accuracy of enclosures, attachments, and reference documentation.
- Route correspondence in accordance with designated routing lists, recommending format and content changes to maintain high-quality products while maintaining control systems to reflect task status at all times.
- Create/manage communications for the enterprise, group, and individuals including meeting agendas, briefings, and action items.
- Develop weekly reports on significant activities, report on the effectiveness of events and processes.
- Requires a current TS/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years of experience; Master’s degree and eight (8) years of experience. Specialized experience, including military or industry workflow experience, may also be substituted in lieu of specific educational requirements.
- Strong understanding and experience with Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS).
- Expert with Defense Travel Service (DTS).
- Strong leadership, problem identification/resolution skills, flexibility, initiative, and a proven ability to work with Senior Executives efficiently and effectively.
- Experience writing briefings, correspondence, and reports.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational and teambuilding skills, good interpersonal skills.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.